Saturday, April 15, 2006

Lettuce Knits - I finally managed a visit!

This morning I paid a visit to Lettuce Knits. I keep hearing about this fabulous knitting store on the various knitting blogs. Their recent newsletter announcing the arrival of a new shipment of Socks that Rock meant that an immediate visit was required! Luckily I had already planned an overnight trip to Toronto to visit my friend Jennifer.

What a fantastic shop and yet so compact. The Socks that Rock were prominently displayed in the front window and after about 15 minutes of debate, the Moss Agate won out. I also left with a beautiful double point set of US #1 Rosewood needles from Lantern Moon.

After the yarn shopping, we wandered the shops in Kensington Market. I picked up some spices and a fun pair of sequined mules in spring green.

3 comments:

Emma said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you were able to make a decision relatively quickly. Bet you can't wait to get started with the new yarn!

Chris said...

Very cool! The fabled Lettuce Knits... :)

Janelle Martin said...

Hi Emma! Yeah, I can't wait to get started with the yarn but I promised myself to finish the sweater for my Grandmother and a few other projects first. So the socks will have to wait a while.