Friday, June 23, 2006

Summer & Fall 2006 Book Lists

After reviewing the Fall 2006 offerings from the various publisher's catalogues, I created a multi-part listing of my personal recommendations. This post is intended to provide a summary of the publishers I listed, with links to the relevant original post. If publishing houses are missing it is because I have not yet looked through their Summer/Fall offerings.

My disclaimer: These are the books which I personally am looking forward to hearing more about and perhaps reading. This is in no way a reflection on what I think is going to be a big hit this fall nor am I suggesting that any author is publishing a "bad" book by not listing it here. At the time the lists were created, I had not read the books (except for a few instances and then a link to my review is posted).

List of Publishers
Abrams
Andrews McMeel Publishing
Ballantine/Del Rey
Berkley Publishing Group
Broadway Books
Bulfinch Press
Canadian Manda Group
Coach House Books
Conundrum Press
Cormorant Books
Douglas & McIntyre
The Dundurn Group
ECW Press
Farrar, Strauss and Giroux
Fitzhenry & Whiteside
Goose Lane Editions
Greystone Books
Griffin
H.B. Fenn
Henry Holt and Company
Independent Publishers Group
Key Porter Books
Knopf Books
Little, Brown and Company
Llewellyn/Midnight Ink
MBI Publishing Company
McGill-Queen's
Medallion Press
Merrell
Miramax Books
Oxford University Press
Penguin Group
Perseus Books Group
Picador
Putnam
Raincoast Books
Random House
Rendezvous Press
Simon & Schuster Canada
St. Martin's Minotaur
St. Martin's Press
Sourcebooks
Sterling
Stewart, Tabori & Chang
Tor
University of Toronto Press
Vehicule Press
Verso
Warner Books
Wilfrid Laurier Press

Initial Picks: BookExpo Canada picks for summer reading


tags:

No comments: