Monday, February 06, 2006

Project decided for the 2006 Knitting Olympics

I decided to challenge myself with some delicate lace. I've tried several times to do lace projects but without much success (i.e. I've given up quickly in absolute frustration). I was having trouble deciding on a lace pattern for a scarf until the new issue of MagKnits arrive in my inbox last week. It was decided - I would knit Ziggy with the beautiful cashmere/alpaca in my stash from Inca Gold. So before Friday I need to knit some swatches and decide on needle size. I'm torn however between the two colours, basically which to do first.

They're both so gorgeous - frankly the picture doesn't do them justice. The yarn has been languishing in my stash for over a year since I bought it at The Naked Sheep. To be honest, I was scared of trying to make something lacy with such beautiful yarn when I didn't feel confident in my abilities with lace.

Go Team Canada - only 4 more days!

4 comments:

Marci said...

my vote is for the rosey yarn -- the one on the right. It looks gorgeous -- and would match my wardrobe! :)

Koshka42 said...

Ditto - I like how bright it is!

Janelle Martin said...

That's the one I'm leaning toward as well. They are both gorgeous yarns, the grey is just a bit more subtle.

Koshka42 said...

I think with a scarf with points all over it, you don't need subtle *grin*