Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Started a new scarf tonight


I felt like doing some knitting but just couldn't face the Sirdar sweater for my grandmother. I bought a ball of Moda Dea Ticker Tape in Sunset as a sample to try out. I fell in love with the colours and feel of the yarn. It's a tape that feels like ultra suede and has a great random painted look to it.

I decided to just try it out with garter stitch, 10 sts wide. Hmm...not positive about the result. I think I might have to rip and try something different. It's ending up way too springy and thick. I was in the mood for a slinky drapy scarf and that could be the problem. I think it's going to be a case of ripping and trying something else.

So I was searching on the internet to find a picture of the sunset Ticker Tape and came across a neat anarchist-type blog and that led me to one of the most unusual internet yarn stores, Knitty Dirty Girl. You have to check out some of this yarn, I think I'm in love with Wendi Joe's Cookie Stand.

No comments: