Friday, June 16, 2006

What makes a good book blog?

If you haven't already read this post at Tales from the Reading Room, it's a must read. I particularly like this quote:
So, I know what I like when I see it, but what makes a good book blog? I think for me, it’s a combination of information and lived experience, a mixture of useful, pragmatic knowledge and level-headed analysis, and ultimately I suppose, that elusive quality of voice that injects words with the full measure of their vitality. And I’m very happy to have found such a treasure trove of it.
She includes links to a number of fantastic litblogs and raises some interesting questions.

This excellent description gives me much to strive for in my small part of the blogosphere, and adds much to the debate.

tags:

1 comment:

litlove said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And also for contributing to the book blog discussion. I was amazed by the quality of the writing that's out there, and have been really enjoying visiting the sites of other avid readers. It's nice to find yours, too!